Following the resignation of most of the previous CVA committee in December, a number of volunteers came forward to continue its essential functions. Many thanks go to our departing members who have done such a great job in looking after our village hall and green over the last years. We are still looking for members who can volunteer time to help with a variety of tasks so please do not hesitate to join us!
Introducing the new CVA committee
Chairman – Peter Sellar (07917 018274)
Treasurer & Trustee – Robin Waddell
Secretary & Trustee – Jenny Culley
Membership Secretary & Trustee – Mark Nethercot
Member at Large & Trustee – Nigel Rutherford
Communications & Vice Chair – John Sharp
Booking Secretary – Robin Waddell
Committee Members – Anne Nimmo, Brian Taylor
The new committee is involved with the following activities…
- maintenance & improvement of Village Common Parts
- hall, car park, surrounds, Green, pump & jump, playpark, etc
- promoting & increasing the use of the village hall …
- fitness clubs (yoga, judo, pilates, etc)
- youth groups (Rainbows, Beavers, Cubs, Scouts, Toddlers, etc)
- private parties
- commercial events
- encouraging involvement of Cardrona residents with the CVA …
- inclusive decision making/tackling genuine nuisances
- improving the environment in & around the village
- lifestyle & leisure – promoting & coordinating events
- we are aiming to re-instate the summer fair (can we have volunteers?)
- input into planning decisions
- improving communication throughout the village …
- relating to resilience (e.g. floods, weather conditions, medical emergencies, transport limitations, vulnerable residents)
- commercial – a place to promote or recommend services in the village
- asking for opinions & listening to ideas, concerns & suggestions
- utilising electronic as well as traditional forms of communication
Next CVA Meeting
The next CVA meeting will be on Wednesday 9th March 2016 7pm. Should anyone wish to attend or suggest a topic for discussion, please contact a committee member (via Hall letterbox or firstname.lastname@example.org).
We’re interested in your views …
If anyone has ideas or suggestions about how the CVA could help improve the environment, facility, safety & enjoyment of living in our village, we would love to hear from you. We would also like to hear suggestions for events – fundraising or otherwise. Contact us by email (email@example.com) or leave a note in the Hall letterbox.
Do you have a local business to promote, or trades-people to share with the rest of the village? Let us know & we’ll add them to a list for promotion.
You may have noticed that a defibrillator has been installed at the front of the village hall. In the event of a suspected heart attack, please open the cabinet & follow the simple instructions.The unit is intelligent & will not fire if the patient does not need it.
A big thank-you to the very entertaining Peebles Concert Band & all those who helped arrange the great band night on the 22nd January. It was very well attended & proved to be a great success, raising much-needed funds for the CVA.
(Photos on the CVA website & Facebook page).
Online, Social Media & Email Communication
We will be sharing information & news more widely using online & social media, so please bookmark www.cardrona-village.org & ‘like’ http://www.facebook.com/cardronavillage. If you would like to receive information by email, please let us know your email address & you’ll be added to the distribution list.
CVA Meeting Minutes
As well as sharing CVA meeting minutes on the website, we also plan to display them on the Hall notice boards. Please keep a look out for those appearing.
The annual subscription for the maintenance of village facilities (including the hall & communal areas) is now due & set at £40. Please don’t forget to tick the ‘Gift Aid’ option if eligible, this brings in more money for the village & helps keep future subscription fees to a minimum.
It is evident that there are a number of reasons why some village residents have not always paid the annual fee in the past & the new committee would like to invite comments & opinions on this matter. You can leave comments in the village hall letterbox (anonymously if preferred) or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (the identity of anyone sending comments can be kept confidential if desired).