The Cardrona Summer Fayre was a massive success, we think we had at least 800 people pass through and a great day out for all! Some learning for next year – including more BBQs!
Thanks to everyone who helped – we couldn’t have done it without a great group of volunteers led by Anna Rutherford. We managed to raise enough money to fund several good causes including: the Ukrainian community get-together, the upcoming Cardrona Meet and Eat, and next year’s Summer Fayre.
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
There are various events coming up at the Hall and in the village this autumn / winter so do try and come along:
- Sunday 30th October 2022 11:00: Autumn Great Borders River Clean, meet 11am at former Nashy’s/ Old Station building.
- Monday 31st October 17:00-18:00: LightNight presented by Cardrona Connections – neon face painting, bowling in the hall and hot chocolate or warm apple juice from the LightVan outside. All welcome!
- Sunday 4th December 2022 16:00-18:00: Christmas Tree lighting, Santa, Carol Singers, the Peebles Silver Band all with Mulled Wine and Mince Pies.
- Christmas Eve Service Saturday 24th December 17:30-19:30, Delivered by Pamela Kennedy and Fraser Edwards, ministers for Innerleithen, Traquair and Walkerburn Parish Church.
- Tuesdays 11:30-14:00 from 10th January 2023: Cardrona Meet and Eat, £1 for soup and a sandwich, tea/coffee, biscuits and cake! Come to chat and meet people at this new lunch club – EVERYONE is welcome!
The Innerleithen, Traquair and Walkerburn Parish Church of Scotland has a newly ordained Minister covering Cardrona, Pamela Kennedy. Pamela will run the following sessions in the hall on Sundays 15:00-17:00:
- 27th November: Giving, budgeting and making gifts 27th November;
- 11th December: Calm@Christmas, stress-busting, relaxation and space;
- 18th December: Thankfulness, happiness and hope.
Clubs & Activities in the Hall: Please check the timetable on the noticeboards at the Hall for details of the hall clubs & activities such as scouts, cubs, brownies, rainbows, toddlers, yoga, pilates, judo & more. Remember the Hall is available for events – if you wish to organise an event, have a children’s party or wish to raise funds for a cause of your choice please get in touch – by email at: email@example.com. These events have a significant function to play in enhancing village life.
PLEASE JOIN US!
Cardrona Village Assocation (CVA) Subscriptions: Along with this newsletter is the CVA subscription form. The CVA requests an annual subscription from Cardrona residents to pay for the upkeep of all the village common parts: the Hall, Green, carpark, pump track, playground. It also allows us to put on events for the village and make improvements. CVA members are entitled to reductions on hire of the village hall. Like you, we are facing increasing costs, in our utility bills especially. Those at the AGM voted to retain the fee for 2022 at £30 per adult in each household. Every CVA subscription enables the Village Hall to remain open. Please do support your village facilities by paying your annual household CVA subscription.
If you are able to support the CVA, please transfer your subscription fee and return the completed Gift Aid form – see accompanying form. The additional Gift Aid tax-relief boosts your subscription to £37.50, representing a big increase for our little group. Once you’ve completed and submitted the Gift Aid form, we don’t need it every year (but we do need it once!).
CVA Volunteers: The CVA is managed by a small group of Cardrona residents who volunteer to keep the heart of community in Cardrona alive. If you have some time/skills available to support the CVA, please get in touch. Your help would be gratefully received!
Amazon Smile: We now have the CVA as a charity you can choose from in Amazon Smile so please do set us up on your Amazon Smile page. It’s easy to do and means you can help the Village whilst you shop!
GET IN TOUCH
Want to keep in contact electronically? In the subscriptions form we’re asking for an email address – it would be great to have them to avoid paper-based, delivered newsletters, though we shall continue those for people without email.
If you have anything to include on the website or in future newsletters please get in touch at: firstname.lastname@example.org You can also sign up for email updates on the website: CVA Newsletter Sign-Up.