Thanks to all who came to the AGM in March. Some of the key points from the discussion:
- Upgrades to the Hall include Nest smart heating, Wi-Fi installation and work has begun on the Village Hall Clock – we expect to have it back in place in a few weeks.
- The CVA Membership Subscription fee has been raised to £32 per member, subscription form is being delivered through the village and downloadable here.
- Hall rates have changed – CVA members get a 20% discount (meaning rates haven’t changed for members); rates at: https://cardrona-village.org/village-hall/fees-charges/
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
There are various events coming up at the Hall and in the Village this Spring/Summer so do try and come along:
- Sunday 7th May 2023, 14:00-17:00: Coronation picnic Debbie McColgan and others are organising a picnic on the Green to celebrate King Charles’ coronation. Bring your picnic blanket and lunch! (More details overleaf)
- Third Tuesday of the Month, May and June, 11:30-14:00: Cardrona Meet and Eat, £1 for soup and a sandwich, tea/coffee, biscuits and cake! Come to chat and meet people at our lunch club – EVERYONE is welcome!
- Sunday 25th June, 13:30-16:00: Cardrona Yard Sale
- Saturday 5th August 2023, 12:00-16:00: Cardrona Summer Fayre
Clubs & Activities in the Hall: Please check the timetable on the noticeboards at the Hall for details of the clubs & activities such as scouts, cubs, brownies, rainbows, toddlers, yoga, pilates, judo & more. Remember the Hall is available for events – if you wish to organise an event, have a children’s party or wish to raise funds for a cause of your choice please get in touch at: firstname.lastname@example.org. These events have a significant function to play in enhancing village life. The hall now has Wi-Fi too – details in the hall!
PLEASE JOIN US!
Cardrona Village Association (CVA) Subscriptions: Along with this newsletter is the CVA subscription form. The CVA requests an annual subscription from Cardrona residents to pay for the upkeep of all the village common parts: the Hall, Green, carpark, pump track. It also allows us to put on events for the village and make improvements. CVA members are entitled to reductions on hire of the village hall. Like you, we are facing increasing costs – in our utility bills especially. Those at the AGM voted to increase the fee for 2023 to £32 per adult in each household. Every CVA subscription enables the Village Hall to remain open. Please support your village facilities by paying your annual household CVA subscription.
If you are able to support the CVA, please transfer your subscription fee and return the completed Gift Aid form – see accompanying form. The additional Gift Aid tax-relief boosts your subscription to £40, representing a big increase for our little group. Once you’ve completed and submitted the Gift Aid form, we don’t need it every year (but we do need it once!).
CVA Volunteers: The CVA is managed bya small group ofCardrona residents who volunteer to keep the heart of the community in Cardrona alive. If you have some time/skills available to support the CVA, please get in touch. Your help would be gratefully received! Our Treasurer, Ian Nimmo, is stepping down at the end of this year, so please get in touch if you could step into that role – full training given, ideally a period of shadowing/handover.
Mollie Davis is lead organiser for the Summer Fayre (thank you Mollie!) and she’d love to get more helpers to make it as big a success as last year. Please email her if you can help: email@example.com
Canine Excrement: did you know that some dogs eat excrement? It’s not good for them. Currently there is A LOT of it through the paths of the village – we had a clean-up on the 16th of April and it would be great if every dog owner could be responsible for keeping our village clear of dog poo!
Speeding: it’s a 20 MPH village. Please remind your visitors, delivery drivers and yourselves of this! There will be reminders appearing as you enter the village.
GET IN TOUCH
Want to keep in contact electronically? In the subscriptions form we ask for an email address – it would be great to avoid paper-based, delivered newsletters, though we shall continue those for people without email. If you have anything to include on the website or in future newsletters, please get in touch at: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also sign up for email updates on the website: https://cardrona-village.org